Thursday, June 30, 2011

Full Disclosure

I am an overly emotional person.

I laugh, I cry, I laugh until I cry and cry until I laugh.  I can love or loathe until I do both.  There was even that one time Clif sneaked so silently into the bathroom that when I pulled back the shower curtain I screamed then immediately burst into body wracking, gut twisting, completely uncontrolable sobs brought on by terror-induced adrenaline.  What I'm saying is I can be a little intense in the feeling department.

Have you seen this yet?



Show of hands, (be honest, ye be not judged here) how many of you ended up misty eyed?

The song is Somewhere Only We Know by Keane and for reasons I can't explain it always nearly makes me cry.  Now Disney has paired it not only with one of my all-time favorite collection of Disney characters, but a Classic Disney version of them.

When I was young Disney was wonderful and catered to the entire family with wholesome goodness.  I fully admit I was, am and ever will be a tremendous fan of movies like The Parent Trap, The Ugly Dachshund, Polyanna, Cinderella, Peter Pan, Sword in the Stone and so forth.  Those were movies from the time before Disney was all about obnoxious neon colors, overly-exuberant children hopped up on pixie sticks, cheap looking computer animations and tweens so sickly sweet they make your teeth ache.  Even the Disney Store lost its charm since when it opened and offered treasures and collectibles for Disney lovers of every age.  Now it's a joke for anyone above the age of 8.

During my very first glimpse of this year's Winnie the Pooh movie I held my breath and prepared for more atrocities to be done to my favorite childhood friends.  I can't explain my relief (or the glassy eyes) at reaching the trailer's end and feeling an overwhelming sense of coming home.  I want to see this movie.  I want to relive a piece of childhood joy and shamelessly shed a tear at the emotion it brings.

1 comment:

  1. Oh good, it's "classic" Pooh. :) I will totally take Big T to go see this. Love me some Pooh...

    ReplyDelete