Thursday, April 4, 2013

Liebster Award

I just noticed this link in a comment to my last blog here and while I don't know anything about it except what I read on the nominator Trish's blog (This Girl's Messy Head), I thought it would be a fun exercise and wave back of thanks.   Sorry, Trish, TOTALLY stealing your formatting b/c I'm lazy like that. ;)





Here is a little rundown in case you're wondering what receiving the Liebster Award entails:

  • Thank the blogger who presented you with the Liebster Award, and link back to his or her blog.
  • Answer the 11 questions from the nominator; list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees.
  • Present the Liebster Award to 11 bloggers, who have blogs with 200 followers or less, whom you feel deserve to be noticed.  Leave a comment on the blogs letting the owners know they have been chosen. (No tag backs.)
  • Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog.


    Here are my answers for Trish's 11 questions:

    1.  What motivated you to start a blog? The blog started as a place for me to log all the crazy dreams and sleep walking stories I've gathered through the years.  I've yet to spend much time posting about them yet, I got distracted by other ramblings.

    2.  Where would you go if you could travel anywhere for a week? Ireland, Scotland, Australia, Bora Bora, Germany... I have a fairly long wish list.

    3.  What is your favorite time of day and why? Bed time because it's often the most peaceful part of my day, curled up in bed with a book, my hubby and often times any number of our 4 fur children.  That much love and contentment in one place is pretty wonderful.

    4.  Do you have pets? If so, what kind? I do!  I've even dedicated an entire post to our babies.

    5.  Do you regularly clean under your couch or do you only clean it when you realize how disgusting it is underneath? Oh, goodness... Every so often it gets moved and I am horrified by the creatures that are trying to spawn underneath it, and every time I SWEAR I will clean under it more often but I never seem to remember.

    6.  What is your least favorite thing about getting older? Aches, pains, pops, cracks; basically my body putting up more of a fight (or less, depending on how you look at it).

    7.  What is your most favorite thing about getting older? Confidence, for sure.

    8.  What is your favorite expletive to use?  If you don't curse, what is your favorite alternate word to use in place of an expletive? I try to maintain clean language, but toss in a 'shiz' or 'frack' when 'golly gee' just doesn't cut it.

    9.  What is your favorite charity and why? I don't think I have one in particular, there are so many great causes.  Certainly anything that benefits animals, children or abused women who need a chance to get their feet back on solid ground are top contenders.

    10.  What is the best advice you've ever been given? Any that comes with a finishing line of, "but I'll love and support you, whatever your decision is".

    11.  What is the worst advice you've ever been given? Any that is contrary to who I am and what I wish to accomplish: in other words advice given by someone who doesn't know me at all.
    Here are the 11 bloggers I've nominated for the Liebster Award:

    11. Obviously I need to read more blogs...

    Here are my 11 questions for the nominees:

    1. If you won the lottery, what would you do with the winnings?

    2. Describe your ultimate dream home.

    3. Do you garden, if so what do you plant?

    4. If you could pick any person in the world to have dinner with, who would it be?

    5. You've won a $100,000 shopping spree at the store of your choice.  Where is it going to be?

    6. What is your favorite holiday and why?

    7. What are your best traits?

    8. Which traits would you most like to improve?  

    9. What would your ideal job be?

    10. Favorite book or movie?

    11. What is your favorite way to unwind and relax?

No comments:

Post a Comment