Thursday, May 31, 2012

Home



The saying goes, "Home is where the heart is."  If we take that concept at it's most broad and basic definition, and consider where our heart is to be wherever we are most aware of it full of love and joy in our chest, I'd say I'm blessed to be able to claim a multitude of homes.

To me Home is:

-The brick and mortar my husband and I stretched ourselves to buy where we could share our life.
-The brick and mortar my parents share their life in where I was raised.
-Singing my favorite songs, the ones I feel so much they make my chest ache.
-Clif's arms.
-Sitting on the screen porch of the family house in Lurray, watching the river drift by.
-Spending a weekend evening on the couch with a classic Disney movie marathon.
-Garden tomatoes and cucumbers on a hot summer day.
-The smell of rain late in the spring when summer days have started but there's still a cool breeze.
-Blissful submersion in water where I could swim for hours.
-Pedicures in the company of glorious girlfriends
-Our house after a day of cleaning when the lamps cast a warm glow and everything shines.
-Snuggling under a pile of blankets with a roaring fire in the fireplace and a mug of cocoa.
-Cooking brunch with Clif late on a Saturday morning.
-Sunday morning worship.
-Road trips with the windows rolled down and radio turned way up.
-Getting lost in the world of a great fantasy book.
-Sunset in the mountains.
-Sunrise at the beach.
-Dancing.

What is Home for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment